A Powerful Immune Activator and Innovative Delivery Platform
At Checkmate Pharmaceuticals, our science is focused exclusively on activating immune cells to kill cancer. This singular mission compels us to discover and deliver innovative therapies, like vidutolimod and others, to enhance immunotherapy and improve patient outcomes. This innovative science is what we’re all about.
- Vidutolimod is a biologic, non-infectious virus-like particle (VLP), containing CpG-A DNA.
- The VLP delivery platform enhances the immune response by stimulating the production of antibodies that deliver the VLP into plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC) and other immune cells via specialized receptors called FcR. PDC activation is enhanced by this unique uptake mechanism.
- CpG-A DNA induces significantly higher levels of interferon alpha that drive anti-tumor T cells and lower levels of inflammatory cytokines as compared to other innate immune activators.
- Vidutolimod is in advanced clinical trials, and has shown positive results in patients with advanced and neoadjuvant melanoma.
- Demonstrated monotherapy activity of 22.5% (9/40) in anti-PD-1 refractory melanoma
- Combination activity of 27.6% (27/98) in combination with pembrolizumab in anti-PD-1 refractory melanoma
- Duration of Response (19.9 months) in anti-PD-1 refractory melanoma
- 67% pathological response in neoadjuvant melanoma, including 47% pathological complete response